Thursday, June 13, 2019

Meet My Rockin' School Counselor Back to School Guidance Introduction Lesson


Get ready to experience the rockin' vibes of your very own Rockstar School Counselor! From the moment I step through the school doors, I feel like a Rock Star, fueled by the awe-inspiring energy of the kids who make my job truly rock! With that electrifying spirit in mind, I proudly present to you my Meet the School counselor Introduction lesson: My Rockin’ School Counselor!

As we kick off the year, it's time to crank up the volume and remind everyone about the rocking role I play at our school. And what better way to set the stage than by jamming to the favorite hits of a Counselor! Here are a few:




Don't Worry, Be Happy School Counselor’s help you cope with worries.






Let it Go from FrozenSchool Counselors help you let your anger go.



Some important things I go over with my adoring fans:

  • School Counselors have a keen eye for spotting those who need a helping hand. During this lesson, we explore the different ways students can be referred for a backstage pass to my support.
  • We also discuss the reasons why students might want to rock out with the counselor, whether it's to fine-tune their academic performance, tune into positive friendships, or find harmony within their family life.
  • I meet with students individually, in small groups, and even in large assemblies. Just like a genuine rock star, I make appearances all around the school, spreading positive vibes wherever I go!
  • Every student in this rocking community is a VIP (Very Important Player), and it's time they feel it! I'll make sure they know they're the stars of the show, and their voices and dreams matter!


Community Buiding Activities:

Now, let's inject some rock 'n' roll energy into our activities! I created a fun and personalized "Get to Know You" activity. Students get the chance to create their own Top Hit Single by filling in the blanks with their favorite food and activity. For example, my Hit Single would be: "Eating Tacos while Acting on Stage!" Ha, ha, ha!


And to keep the excitement going, we have an epic game lined up. Imagine a crowd-surfing beach ball filled with Get to Know You questions, bouncing around the room like a wild rock concert! Students will toss the ball to one another, answering questions based on where their right thumb lands when they catch it. Get ready for some surprising and epic connections!

Finally, as our time comes to an end, we join in a rousing chant. I've added a special rockin' verse about School Counselors to the chant, "We Will Rock You." Let the kids start the beat, and we all join in chanting the verse!


Benefits:

Besides having a rockin’ good time, providing a Meet the School Counselor lesson at the beginning of the school year has lots of benefits:
  • Establishing Rapport: By introducing myself and my role early on, students can start connecting with the School Counselor from day one. This helps create a comfortable and trusting environment, where students feel comfortable seeking my help.
  • Promoting Awareness: The lesson shares my role and responsibilities as a School Counselor. Students gain an understanding of how the counselor can assist them throughout the school year. 
  • Destigmatizing Counseling: Sometimes, seeking counseling or support can carry a negative stigma. By openly discussing the reasons students may visit the counselor, such as academic concerns, friendship issues, or family challenges, we normalize the idea of seeking help and emphasize that it is a courageous and positive step toward personal growth.
  • Creating a Supportive Community: Introducing the School Counselor helps foster a sense of community and unity within the school. Students recognize that they have their own personalized support network.. 

So let's rock the beginning of the school year with a Meet the School Counselor lesson that sets the stage for an extraordinary journey together!




Ready to Use Resource:


Would you like to drum up a rockin' good Meet the Counselor introduction? Shop here for this resource:


Looking for more Rockin fun Meet the School Counselor Lessons? Check these out!



No comments:

Post a Comment