After I introduce myself and share how I use all my body parts (eyes, ears, hands, feet, mouth) to help students, we are going to play a get to know you game. I plan on buying a yellow rubber ball, you know the kind that kids are always pulling out of the wire bin in the back of Walmart and then you have to somehow shove it back in. I am going to use Sharpies to draw goggles on it and then we will toss the ball to each other. When a student catches the ball, they will say one thing about them-self and then pass it on to another student in the class.
I also made self-referral slips for students to fill out to let me know when they want to talk.
If you would like to use this Meet the School Counselor Lesson, (click here) I put together a packet that includes:
1. Meet the School Counselor Lesson Plan (3 pages)
2. Meet the School Counselor Slide Show (10 slides)
3. Activity - 1 Goggle (1 page)
4. Activity - 2 Goggles (1 page)
5. Self-Referral K-2 (1 page)
6. Label for Student Request Folder (1 page)