Friday, July 24, 2015

Counselor Craze over Inside Out

Who isn't Coo Coo over this summer's block buster Inside Out? School Counselors everywhere are thanking Pixar for making a movie that highlights feelings. I am always telling students we all have feelings and even though we don't like some, it is ok to feel them. Of course then I talk to them how important it is to recognize what is causing those feelings and to find ways to cope with them in an ok way.

So now that most kids in America have seen the movie (and if not, they definitely have an idea of what it is about), school counselors will have endless strategies to teach and build upon how we experience feelings. I can't wait to see what creative lessons can come from this! I am totally giving my feelings small groups and classroom guidance lessons a facelift! More to come when I get those done:) Really, I am still trying to enjoy my summer!

To start, I have created passes and self-referrals for students.

I leave a folder with self-referral slips in the classroom. This is the cover of the folder.
Self-Referral Slips for my K-2 students.

Self-Referral Slips for my older students.
These will be printed front and back.




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CANNOT FIND THESE REFERRAL FORMS IN YOUR TPT STORE?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CANNOT FIND THESE REFERRAL FORMS IN YOUR TPT STORE?

    ReplyDelete